County Clerk-Auditor

8:00 am - 5:00 pm Mon-Fri

Passports Accepted:
8:00 am - 4:30 pm Mon-Fri

25 North Main
Heber City, Utah 84032

Phone (435) 657-3190
Fax (435) 654-0834

Project-Image Joey D Granger
County Clerk-Auditor
Term: 2021-2022

Wasatch County Clerk-Auditor

Wasatch County has a combined Clerk & Auditor department. The Clerk prepares, administers, processes, and maintains all Countywide elections. The Clerk issues marriage licenses and processes passports for all qualified candidates. The Clerk prepares agendas and takes minutes of the Board of County Commissioners meetings and keeps on file all official documents. The Auditor administers the financial functions for the County. The Auditor is the budget officer and prepares and administers the Countywide budget. The Auditor maintains records of all financial transactions, conducts reviews and internal audits, issues financial statements and reports. The Auditor shares management duties of the property tax system with the Recorder, Assessor, and Treasurer and oversees the Board of Equalization.

Tax Sale Information

Tax Sale Information

Notice is hereby given that the Wasatch County final tax sale will be held on May 27, 2021 at 10:00 A.M. in the Wasatch County Administration Building 25 North Main Street, Heber City Utah.

2021 County Tax Sale Information


Notices of Proposed Tax Increase


Wasatch County Budget Information

County budget information can be found here.  Information found here includes past and present budgets as well as proposed budgets for future years (November and December each year).

Budget Year & Budget Type Summary Detail
Proposed County Budget General Fund - November 23, 2020  
Proposed County Budget Other Funds - November 23, 2020  
Approved County Budget - December 4, 2019  
Proposed County Budget Updated - December 4, 2019   
Proposed County Budget - November 12, 2019  
Proposed Budget Amendments - December 4, 2019  
Approved County Budget - December 19, 2018  
Proposed County Budget - November 6, 2018
 Approved County Budget - December 20, 2017
 Approved Budget - Other County Funds - December 20, 2017  
 Proposed Parks & Rec SSD Budget - as of November 28, 2017    
 Proposed Solid Waste SSD Budget - as of November 28, 2017    
County Budget - Approved Dec 21, 2016    
Parks & Rec SSD, Solid Waste SSD and Library Budget    
County Budget - Approved Dec 23, 2015
Amended County Budget - Approved Dec 23, 2015    
County Budget - Approved Dec 2014
County Budget - Amended  
Parks & Recreation Budget - Amended Budget  
      County Budget    
     County Budget    
      County Budget    

Elections - Voting

Election 2020 Information

General Election Information - November 3, 2020

Public Notice is hereby given that the 2020 Wasatch County General Election will be held on November 3, 2020.

2020 General Election Canvas Results are posted here.

Count updated November 17, 2020

Election Results - pdf

Election Results by Precincts - pdf

To help prevent the spread of the coronavirus, for the 2020 November General Election only: The election will be conducted primarily by mail with paper ballots only.

Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing ADA or special accommodations should contact the Clerk’s office at 435-657-3190 or by email at

  • Early paper ballot voting is located at the County Clerk’s Office at 25 N Main in Heber City, Oct 27- Oct 30 between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm.
  • Drive through in-person paper ballot voting and same day registration by provisional ballot will be available on Election Day November 3rd at the Wasatch County Outdoor Arena located at 415 S Southfields RD (1200 West) in Heber City, between 7:00 am and 8:00 pm.
  • Mailed ballots must be postmarked on or before November 2nd
  • Drop boxes will be available for depositing ballots before or on Election Day until 8:00pm at 25 N Main St at Clerk’s Office or outside on the North parking lot.
  • To vote for a certified write-in candidate please write their name on the write-in line provided for that race and correctly mark the write in ‘Oval’.

Ballot Drop Box Locations and Dates

Outside Ballot Drop Box - Available 24 hours a day, October 13 – November 3, 2020 till 8:00 pm
North West side of Building (See Below)

Election Day Ballot Drop Box  - Available November 3, 2020 - 7 am – 8 pm
25 N Main St Heber City, Utah in the Clerk-Auditor Office.

Questions - Contact the Wasatch County Clerk-Auditor Office 435-657-3190

Sample Election Ballots

Important Election Dates

  • Oct 13 - Ballots mailed to all active registered voters.
  • Oct 14 - Public Logic and Accuracy testing of voting equipment at 10:00 am at 25 N Main St, Heber City, Utah
  • Oct 15 - Outside Drop Box available October 15 – November 3 @ 8pm – North West side of County Administration Building - 25 N Main Heber City, Utah
  • Oct 15 - Inside Drop Box available October 15 – November 2 @ 8:00 am to 5:00 pm , Election Day 7:00 am to 8:00 pm – Clerk’s Office at 25 N Main St, Heber City, Utah
  • Nov 2 - By mail postmark Deadline Ballot envelop must be post marked on or before November 2, 2020
  • Nov 3 - A ballot may be dropped in a drop box located at Wasatch County Clerk-Auditor office 25 North Main Street, Heber City, ballot drop box open through Election Day @ 8pm.
  • Nov 3 - Drive through in-person paper ballot voting and same day registration by provisional ballot – Outdoor Arena – 415 S Southfields Rd, Heber City Utah
  • Nov 17 - Canvass of election will be held November 17, 2020 10:00 AM 

Local Candidate Candidacy and Financial Campaign Reports

County Council At Large - Seat B
Steve Farrell  (Rep)
325 W 500 S, Midway, UT  84049
(801) 541-2974

  Financial Campaign Reports
    December 2020
    October 2020
    June 2020
Aimee Armer  (Dem)
388 Cottage Creek Ct, Midway, UT  84049
(435) 640-9115

  Financial Campaign Reports
    December 2020
    October 2020
    June 2020
County Council Heber South - Seat D
Kendall Crittenden  (Rep)
535 S 300 W, Heber, UT  84032
(435) 671-1303

  Financial Campaign Reports
    December 2020
    October 2020
    June 2020
Elizabeth Hokanson  (Rep)
1159 Grish Mill Rd, Heber City, UT  84032
(435) 654-8717

  Financial Campaign Reports
    June 2020
County Council Midway - Seat E
Mark B Nelson  (Rep)
326 Alphinhof Ln, Midway, UT  84049
(801) 376-8028

  Financial Campaign Reports
    December 2020
    October 2020
    June 2020
County Council County South - Seat G
Spencer Jason Park  (Rep)
1413 Park Meadow Ln, Wallsburg, UT  84082
(435) 671-8077

  Financial Campaign Reports
    December 2020
    October 2020
    June 2020
County Assessor
Todd Griffin (Rep)
380 E 2200 S, Heber City, UT  84032
(801) 688-6514

  Financial Campaign Reports
    December 2020
    October 2020
    June 2020
County Clerk/Auditor (2yr)
Jennifer Lee  (Dem)
197 E 300 N, Heber City, UT  84032
(435) 671-8263

  Financial Campaign Reports
    December 2020
    October 2020
    June 2020
Joey D Granger (Rep)
175 S 3600 E, Heber City, UT  84032
(801) 473-5732

  Financial Campaign Reports
    December 2020
    October 2020
    June 2020
Xela Thomas  (Rep) 'Withdrawn'
175 W 300 S, Heber, UT  84032
(801) 836-6438

  Financial Campaign Reports
    June 2020
County Recorder
Marcy Murray  (Rep)
142 S 400 W, Heber City, UT  84032
(435) 671-1373

  Financial Campaign Reports
    December 2020
    October 2020
    June 2020
County Surveyor
James C Kaiserman  (Rep)
1020 Sage Circle, Heber City, UT  84032
(435) 671-0572

  Financial Campaign Reports
    December 2020
    October 2020
    June 2020
Jason G Jenkins (Dem)
PO Box 411, Midway, UT  84049
(435) 671-2595

  Financial Campaign Reports
    October 2020
    June 2020
County Treasurer
Diane G Burgener  (Rep)
1855 S 3600 E, Heber City, UT  84032
(435) 503-4319

  Financial Campaign Reports
    December 2020
    October 2020
    June 2020
Local School Board County South
Marianne B Allen
2155 S 500 E, Heber City, UT  84032
(385) 240-0297

  Financial Campaign Reports
    December 2020
    October 2020
    June 2020
Mark Davis
PO Box 28, Wallsburg, UT  84082
(801) 822-4726

  Financial Campaign Reports
    December 2020
    October 2020
    June 2020
Local School Board County East
Kimo Paulsen
1760 Lost Colt Dr, Heber City, UT  84032
(435) 565-5476

  Financial Campaign Reports
    December 2020
    October 2020
    June 2020
Kimberly Dickerson
5040 E 1250 S, Heber City, UT  84032
(435) 901-9506

  Financial Campaign Reports
    December 2020
    October 2020
    June 2020
Local School Board Midway
Tom Hansen
846 Swiss Farm Way, Midway, UT  84049
(631) 848-0966

  Financial Campaign Reports
    December 2020
    October 2020
    June 2020
Athina Koumarela
266 N Center St, Midway, UT  84049
(435) 659-7609

  Financial Campaign Reports
    December 2020
    October 2020
    June 2020
State House of Representative – 54th District
Randy Favero  (Rep)
221 Goshawk Ridge Rd, Park City, UT  84098
(801) 698-3340
Meaghan Miller  (Dem)
PO Box 683909, Park City, UT  84065
(801) 635-4129
Mike Kohler  (Rep)
PO Box 1082, Midway, UT  84049
(801) 420-6158
State Board of Education – 12th District - (Nonpartisan Race – No Primary)
James Moss, JR  (Rep)
681 Dutch Valley Ct, Midway, UT  84049
(949) 836-1700
Lorri-Sue Rupard-Blunt  (Rep)
516 N University Ave, Provo, UT  84604
(801) 425-5096
Mike Dorsey (Un) 'Withdrawn'
1986 Timber Lakes Dr, Heber City, UT  84032
(801) 440-5043
Becky Taylor (Con)
225 N Main, Coalville, UT  84017
(435) 336-2243

Voter Registration Information

Voter Registration is open to all Wasatch County residents that are:

  • Citizens of the United States
  • Residents of Utah for at least 30 days prior to Election Day
  • At least 18 years old on the day of the election
  • Residing at the address where they are registering

Tools to check registration status and register to vote -

  • Check registration status and party affiliation
  • View sample ballot
  • Find information on elected officials
  • Track status of a ballot
  • Locate Voting Assistance Centers

Online Voter Registration -

  • Register to vote (requires a valid Utah Driver License)
  • Update voter registration or party affiliation
  • Mark a ballot preference for partisan primary elections

Mail in or in person

Wasatch County Current Voting Precincts Maps
(Use these maps to identify your precinct.

Heber South Heber North County East County South Midway
 Precinct 10  Precinct 20  Precinct 30 & 30:1  Precinct 40  Precinct 50
 Precinct 11  Precinct 21  Precinct 31 & 31:1  Precinct 41  Precinct 51
 Precinct 12  Precinct 22  Precinct 32 & 32:1  Precinct 42 & 42:1  Precinct 52
 Precinct 13  Precinct 23  Precinct 33  Precinct 43 & 43:1  Precinct 53
 Precinct 14  Precinct 24 & 24:1  Precinct 34  Precinct 44 & 44:1  Precinct 54 & 54:1
   Precinct 25      Precinct 55 & 55:1

Large Format 2017 County Wide Voting Map - Updated 2012

This map is a large format map in Adobe PDF format. The size is 3 ft x 4 ft landscape (E size). Printing the whole map may be an issue if you do not have access to a large format printer but you can certainly print portions of the map using the Adobe Acrobat Reader software on a typical home printer (letter size paper).

Paper maps are available from the Wasatch County Clerk's Office.

Online Interactive Map is found here.

2012 Redistricting

2012 was a Redistricting and Reprecincting Year. Changes were made that affected you as a Voter.

Every 10 years, County and State governments must redistrict the elected offices that represent geographically distinct regions of the County or State.  The State of Utah redistricted the State Board of Education, State House of Representatives, State Senate, and Federal House of Representative districts late in 2011.  The results of these State changes are the following:

Federal & State Redistricting

State Board of Education:

  • All of Wasatch County is located in Education Seat 12: Online Map

State House of Representatives:

  • All of Wasatch County is located in House Seat 54: Online Map

State Senate:

  • Senate Seat 16: Round Valley Area, Wallsburg Town, Provo Canyon Area: Online Map
  • Senate Seat 26: Heber City, Midway City, Jordanelle Area, Bench Creek Area, Strawberry Basin, and Currant Creek Area: Online Map
  • Senate Seat 27: Charleston Town, Daniel Town, Center Creek South Area, Timberlakes Area: Online Map

Federal House of Representatives:

  • All of Wasatch County is located in House Seat 3: Online Map
Local County Redistricting

Upon the conclusion of State level redistricting, Wasatch County commenced the redistricting of County Council and Wasatch County School District School Board Districts.  Both the Council and School Board share the same geographic districts. 

Wasatch County Council and Wasatch County School District Representation Districts:

After County redistricting was completed, the County began the reprecincting process to adjust all voting precincts in the County.  All voting precincts in the County have been adjusted to serve the community for the next 10 years.  Also all precincts have received new precinct numbers to tie the precinct to its Council/School Board district.

Property Tax Relief

Reminder of Tax Relief for the 2020 Tax Year

Property tax abatements are available for primary residences.

  1. Blind‐if an eye doctor has certified that you are legally blind in both eyes - Blind Persons Property Tax Exemption Application -pdf
  2. Circuit Breaker Renter ‐ if you are over 66 years of age, or a widow(er), and your household income for 2018 was less than $33,530 - Renter Refund Application -pdf
  3. Circuit Breaker Low Income ‐ if you are under 66 years of age, experiencing hardship, and your household income for 2019 was less than $34,167 - Low Income Abatement and Homeowner's Tax Credit Application -pdf
  4. Disabled Veteran‐if you have a Disability Rating from the VA of at least 10% - Veteran with a Disability Property Tax Exemption Application -pdf
  5. If you were deployed with the military for 200 days - Active Duty Armed Forces Property Tax Exemption Application -pdf
Abatement Publication

Forms are available in the Wasatch County Clerk/Auditors office located at 25 North Main Street Heber City, Utah. If you have questions please come in or contact this office by phone 435‐657‐3190.

Please turn your forms in by September 23, 2019, the abatement can then be applied to your 2019 tax notice. Final deadline is December 31, 2019

Board of Equalization

Board Of Equalization

If you wish to appeal the market value of your property, you must file an appeal application with the County Board of Equalization. Only market value and/or property type can be appealed. All evidence supporting your estimation of market value must be included when filing your application for each parcel appealed. If supporting evidence is not included, the board will deny the appeal.

You may fill out the appeal application print and send it to Wasatch County - Clerk/Auditor, 25 North Main Street, Heber City Utah, 84032 (435) 657-3190. Filing dead line is on or before September 15, 2020 by 5:00 p.m. All appeal forms and evidence must be received in person or by mail prior to that time. A separate appeal form and supporting evidence is required for each parcel appealed. Hearing times will be set as needed. Pleases give contact information including current phone numbers please make yourself available for phone calls from Wasatch County.

Board of Equalization (BOE) Forms

Other Forms


Business Licenses

Marriage Licenses

Marriage Licenses

Marriage licenses can be obtained from a clerk’s office. Utah Marriages licenses are valid for ceremonies performed in any county in the State of Utah. The licenses must be used within 30 days of issuance. If the license is not used please return it to the Clerk’s Office. Refunds or extensions cannot be given.

How to Apply

Both parties must fill out a marriage license application and appear in person with valid picture id. A fee of $40.00 cash or check is required to buy the license included with this licenses fee are two certified copies. The certified copies are used to make name changes etc…

Minors Requesting a Marriage License

If an applicant is 16 or 17 years of age a parent with legal custody or a legal guardian must be present with ID to sign consent.

If the applicant is 15 years of age an authorization to marry must be provided by a Juvenile Judge of the court exercising juvenile jurisdiction in the county where either party to the marriage resides. The written authorization may also be obtained from a court commissioner as permitted by rule of the Judicial Council.

Applicants 14 years of age and younger cannot obtain a marriage license under Utah law.

Who Can Perform a Marriage?

Ministers, rabbis, or priests of any religious denomination who are; in regular communion with any religious society and are 18 years of age or older, others who may solemnize marriages include Municipal Mayors and Judges.


Marriage License Application - pdf, 2019 Form

Please fill out application, print, and bring it with you to the Clerk's Office. DO NOT SIGN application until instructed to do so by the Clerk's Office staff.



Passports are required for all U.S. Citizens to regain entry back into the United States after traveling outside of the country.  As of June 1, 2009 any travel outside of a United States or it's territories citizens must have a passport to re-enter the country.  This also now includes Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and the Caribbean Islands.

Passport Application Requirements:

  • Application filled out in black ink. 
  • All applicants must appear in person; both parents must appear in person with children under 16.
  • One parent is required to be present with a 16 to 17 year old child. 
  • Passport quality picture 
    • (please note that passport photographs are not available at the Wasatch County office at this time)
  • Proof of US citizenship, a certified birth certificate, or naturalization document.
  • Picture identification, such as a drivers license or military identification. 
  • Check or money order is required for each application. 
10-12 Weeks
4-6 Weeks
Passport Book (age 16 and older) $110.00 $187.56
Passport Book (age 15 and younger) $80.00 $157.56
Passport Card (age 16 and older) $30.00 NA
Passport Card (age 15 and younger) $15.00 NA
County Application Fee (Fee charged for execution of each application)
(Check made out to "Wasatch County Clerk", Money Order, or Cash)
$35.00 $35.00

Passport Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm (closed weekends and county holidays) 

If you have questions please contact the Wasatch County Clerk-Auditor Office 435-657-3190


U.S. Department of State Passport Website

This site will give you all information you need to know about passports and passport cards.

State of Utah Entity Registration

Entity Registry

The requirements to submit this information are located in UCA 67-1a-15. All of the questions coincide with the information required to be gathered under this section of code.

State Entity Registration Link